Saturday, July 28, 2012

Two More Days Left!


Day 9

Well, we are coming down to it now.  The tile work is complete and we are going to be ready for the walls, fixtures and final plumbing on Monday and Tuesday.  Projection for the work to be complete is Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed.  We are having overnight company on Wednesday, so a working bathroom on the first floor would be a plus, don't you think?

I couldn't be more pleased with the tile and grout.  Believe me when I say that a lot of work and effort went into all of those pieces.  The floor went very quickly and looks completely amazing.  I love that it is shiny.  But then, I am into shiny things.

The big hole in the wall was the built in medicine cabinet that will be rebuilt using some bead board.  And wait until you see the mirror that will go above the sink.  Oh my word!

Update:  The spots on my pics are not my dirty lense.  Heavy sigh.  Luckily, my husband and Swim Girl are smarter than the average bears and they purchased the super duper warranty from Best Buy.  My reputation for destruction proceeds me.  I will put up with the marks and turn my baby in when I return from my next travel adventure.  I will miss my little girl.  Luckily, I have a great little p/s Panasonic with a Leica lense here at the house.  I was going to offer it to Computer Boy to use in AK, but not any more.  I cannot go without a camera for that long.


Look at that.  All ready for my new comfort height toilet.  Yeehaw.

Originally the guy doing all of this hard work was going to lay the decorative tile right above the shelf, but I convinced him that it would look way cool above it a couple of inches.  He agreed to it and after much discussion
and drawing on the walls, we came up with a plan.  

All grout, all the time

Oh no.  There is a big hole in my wall.  

The cute little testers.  I will use the rejects in some art work.

I am not sure if this translates well, but I chose White Sapphire.  It really looks nice with the glass
tiles and the linens.
This will be the toothpaste/toothbrush container.  I painted the lid red, but the jar is still wet so...
You can't see it, but I did a bit of an ombre effect with the paint by adding more white to the yellow as I painted
up the glass.  According to the directions on this paint (Martha Stewart from Michael's) it will take 21 days to cure.  I guess we will use the counter until then.  I may do something similar for the lotion and soap.  I will see what I can find in New York and go from there.  I can get jars with lids/dispensers from Etsy so I may make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment