Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shower Tile is Complete!


Day 7

Our shower tile is in place and ready for grout!  It took a while, but all of the tile is in except for a couple of tiny pieces that will be added after the floor is done.  There was a slight hiccup as we needed one more glass tile and our Home Depot didn't have any more (naturally).  Well, it was a gorgeous day for a drive anyway!  A trip up the river to a different store yielded the missing tile and all was well.  Please note that the cement board is down and ready to receive the floor.  I believe that Skittles approves!  Oh, and the fan is operational and will actually draw air!  The insulation is in and there is just a little caulking to do on the outside.  Progress is a beautiful thing!

The best news of all?  The linens arrived.  They are going to be perfect.  Of course, I need to order more, but after a quick search on Restoration Hardware's website I found a store very close to Computer Boy near the Brooklyn Bridge, so I have already sent him the link to let him know I want to go.  After all, I am going to REI Soho with him so...

Since I won't be flying home, I will be able to purchase what I need as long as they have it in stock.  Yeah!  It's a long way to go for some bath linens, but what the heck.  I will live dangerously!  Plus, I love that store and I think there may be a storage unit that he would like for his apartment.  

Stay tuned for tomorrow's results.  And then the plan for Friday is paint, bead board and beyond.

Our soon to be amazingly gorgeous shower.  

I love the finish work on the side!

I watched him cut this curved piece.  It is quite a process.




No comments:

Post a Comment