Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Let's All Hum the Rocky Theme Together

I do not know how far it is to walk all the way from the Constitution Center in the Old City part of Philadelphia to the Philadelphia Art Museum, but it is a really great way to see the area.  I'm kinda guessing its about 3 miles.  It's a good walk, but it's safe and there are a couple of great places to stop and rest if you are tuckered out.

On the way, make sure that you stop at the LOVE thingy.  It's pretty fun having your picture taken while you are posing in the sign.  There may be a guy there who is very helpful and will take several pictures of you and your daughter.  Of course, after he does, he will tell you that he is trying hard to find a job and would love it if you would give him a little something to tide him over.  I did.  SUCKER is quite clearly written in large, block letters on my forehead.

As you keep walking, you will come to an area that seems like it may be the art museum, but this is a fake out.  There is a really cool fountain and park there though.

After we walked by the Rodin Museum (I wanted to go in, but no time), we finally made it to the infamous stairs.  Cue Rocky music please.  Swim Girl promptly handed me all of her stuff and took off.  I took pictures.  Then I realized I was going to have to schlep all of our junk up those stairs if I wanted to participate.  Okay, why is the old lady doing the hard work?  Not fair I say.

I will admit that the view was magnificent.  You can really get a good grasp on the area on top of those stairs.  You can even pretend that you are Rocky and no one will notice.  That would be because everyone else is pretending to be Rocky and no one really cares that you are.

 On to Baltimore.




 City Hall




 There's the art museum. Yup way down at the end.  Doesn't look too far.


Looks can be deceiving.


Brief fountain interlude.  I envy those kids.


Getting closer.


Closer.


Closer.
(okay, I'll stop the creepy Hannibal Lecter thing now)


And there she goes.


Ta Da!


Yeah.  What she did.  
Note the City Hall Tower in the far distant center.  No, we started further away than that to get here.  Now we just need to walk to the car.  I think it's over there.  Somewhere.  Right next to that XXX theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment