Thursday, August 2, 2012

WooHoo! 'Nuff Said

Day 12

Our bathroom is finished!  I know, 2 days over schedule, but it is finished and it looks super!  I don't have the accessories or the art work yet, but the reno is completed.  We were really hoping to be done on Tuesday, but there were just too many final touches.  My guy from Bettendorf Home Repair spent some time with me in the morning on Wednesday and we figured out where all of the accessory fixtures should go.  Who knew that placing towel bars and such was so intense?  You have to try and line things up linearly with tile lines and then you look at the aesthetics of your choice.  We did a lot of 'holding things up' and 'standing back'.  We even put the shower curtain on with a couple of rings to make sure that was hung at the proper height.  Sheesh.

Now for the bad news.  My California Friend is here for a couple of days, but she can't use the shower.  Therefore, I have no idea how or if it works.  Why, you ask?  Well, it isn't because I am being super selfish or anything.  My liner isn't in yet.  I ordered it the first day of the job and it still isn't here.  And, one of the hooks for the shower curtain broke when we were attaching it.  So, I have to find my receipt, take off the rings that are up already, go to the store and exchange the rings (and snag another gift for my hubby's birthday which occurs while I am in NYC) and then hope that my liner arrives today as promised.  So maybe I will have a shower update for you tomorrow.  We have never had a walk-in and I know that is usually done with doors.  But, I am lazy and hate to clean doors because they never stay clean and get goopy and yucky and stuff.  We will have to see what the learning curve is for curtain use in a walk-in.  A shower door may yet be in our future.

I hope that you enjoy the pics.


New retrofit light.  It took about 2 minutes to do.



I am in love with this mirror.


The cool curve of the bowl helps give some relief to all of the lines in here.  


New medicine cabinet door.  Remember that hole in the wall.  Now, my camera is messed up so it isn't really dirty or anything.


So glad that I insisted on those ceramic shelves and the towel bar in the shower.  I also know that hook will get a lot of use.


Okay.  Since we know that knee number 2 will have to go in the not so distant future, we got the comfort height toilet.  It has a cool little feature that I knew nothing about.  You just start the lid down on it's merry way and it closes all by itself, very slowly.  Works for both lids.  Who thinks of this stuff?  Awesome.  Now if I accidentally let loose at your house and you don't have one of these lids, please forgive me in advance for the slamming.  Note the skinny little Umbro waste basket.  Fits like a charm.


I hear heavenly music.


Now the shower curtain is not ironed, nor is it hung properly.  I think that there are only 5 hooks on it right now.  And it is backwards.  But you get the general idea.  



And here she is all done and everything.  Not for those red and yellow touches...


No comments:

Post a Comment