Monday, September 10, 2012

Baby #2 and Doing Laundry

Update:  I finally found out about my baby.  My Canon EOS Rebel T3 baby.  I love my baby.  I take good care of it.   Well, except for that one time when it fell out of my lap onto the pavement.  I rarely go anywhere without it and I specifically buy purses that will hold it.  I will remove other things from my purse so that it will fit.  That is how much I love my baby.

I have a new one.  Apparently whatever I did to baby #1 was fatal.  They had to give me a brand new one.  And because they gave me a brand new baby, all bets are off with the old warranty.  It is used up.  Kapoot. I have to go in and buy a new warranty.  I hope I don't need it.  Don't count on it.

I am old school in a few ways and one of those is with the laundry.  I actually hang it up outside when I can.  I usually manage it for most of the summer and part of the spring and fall.  We have one of those nifty umbrella style clothes drying things that you stick in the ground, open up and voila!  You can hang clothes, let them dry and put it away.  I love this thing and I have been using it for years and years.  My husband put a piece of white pvc pipe into the ground and I just slide the tube of the clothes hanging thingy right into it and it stays nice and upright.  No leaning.  No worries if the ground is too soft from rain.  Works like a charm.  There is only one problem with this system.  Sometimes that white pvc pipe is dang hard to find.

I was looking for it yesterday.  My husband was directing me from the window.  He finally got frustrated and came out to show me where it was, dang it.  He couldn't find it either.  Now there are two adults out in the yard with their heads down, walking around the same small area.  We would bend over occasionally and brush the ground with our hands or swish a foot over an area.  We couldn't find the pvc pipe.  He was getting cranky.  I was getting embarrassed.  I got a hoe.  

Now there are two adults with their heads down looking at the ground.  One has the clothes drying thingy.  One has the hoe.  We are scrubbing the ground with this odd combination of items.  How much more stupid can we look?  I found it.  Finally.  But not before the entire neighborhood witnessed this humiliating display.  Sigh.



Now you see it.


Now you don't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment