Sunday, September 9, 2012

Because It's Iowa

Yesterday was a brilliant, windy September day here along the Mighty Mississippi.  Swim Girl and I grabbed  our jackets and headed down to the Farmer's Market and annual Beaux Arts Fair held at the Figge Art Museum.  We had a lovely time wandering through the markets and wound up purchasing a watermelon, some Lemon Dip (mix it with cream cheese, yum) and some funky, metal art for the yard.


I got this stapler bug for my dad.  His birthday is in November.  He will love it.

At the Beaux Arts Fair, I picked up some colored chain necklaces and had a wonderful conversation about textures with a local artist.  It was here, amidst all of this wonderful, big city culture, that I saw it.  The complete and utter recognition that we were, in fact, still in Iowa.  They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will let my pictures speak.



There are absolutely no words.


May I move, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment