Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Witchy Ladies

Surprise!  I have actually completed two little 4x4 inch canvases.  They are so cute!  I am working on a series of 3 that will be for Halloween.  I will gift my parents with one set of 3 and then, I get to keep one set. Yeah.

So, I bought a 9 pack of the fat 4x4 canvases at Michael's.  These are so adorable.  I prefer the chunky ones to the thin ones.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I'm chunky.

Anyway, I pulled out 6 of them and since I was going to dry brush them with pale violet and pale green, I went ahead and applied a layer of gesso.  You don't have to do this because most canvases like these are primed.  I just like to do it because I am a control freak.

I've actually been practicing my sketching.  I am no artist, but sketching is starting to be a necessity for some of these little projects.  I wanted to paint and sketch some of these things this time.  Big gulp.  Here goes.

Bling Witch


Ta da!  Here she is!  I paper pieced her hat and added some bling.  



I pulled some burlap threads, tied them with another burlap thread and hot glued it onto the tip of her hat.  I drew in the critters with my wonderful doodle pen that I adore.


Okay.  I couldn't help it.  There need to be more curly haired witches in the world.

Gray Witch


I know, I know.  It's a completely boring name, but I couldn't think of anything else.


I think the doodle details are the most fun.  Sorry about the glare, but I still don't have my baby back.  This was take with a great little p/s with a Leica lens.


Now you know why I called her Gray Witch.  I used my new Derivan Liquid Pencil for her hair.  It is yummy and comes in permanent and rewettable.  Yikes!  I may need some more colors.


So, there is a peak at my little witches.  Next up...oh wait.  I don't want to tell you.  I will give you a little hint.  Lots of black.  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment