Monday, February 16, 2015

And So It Begins: Day 1 of ???

Well, we are at it again.  Home destruction.  This time it's the 2nd floor bathroom and a few other things.

They started today on the upstairs bathroom.  I kind of forgot how much I don't like living in the mess of renovation.  I didn't get a shower until about 3 this afternoon as we were without water for a bit.  There is already dust and debris everywhere.  And plastic.  And a new toilet in the living room (Pluto is happy as she likes to stand on top of the plumbing pile).

The bathroom items have been relocated to about 7 different places in the house.  Luckily we only have 3 of us who have to share the one tiny bathroom that is operational.  We have already sort of worked out a schedule.

I am choosing to sleep downstairs until the new toilet is installed and operational.  Swim Girl thinks that I am being ridiculous, but there is no way I am going downstairs in the middle of the night.  No freaking way!  I would be up and raring to go at 3 a.m.  Not my idea of a good time.

It looks like this little project is going to take a while.  By then the snow should be melted and the weather should be warmer.  And our pockets will be much, much lighter.

So, until then, I will try and remember that the end product is worth all of the chaos and mess.

I seem to recall that there is a rule that you don't have to clean your house during a renovation?  Does anyone else remember that rule?  Come on, help me out here.

Pre-demo view into the bathroom from
the doorway.




Oops.









A little further into the bathroom.



























Shelves be gone.

The nifty linen closet.

Not any more.

The '70's are calling and want their light back.



OK



The view from inside to the outside (except
the door is shut).
The newest in bathroom doors:  clear plastic
with zippers.


There was a shower and everything.
Gone with the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment