Monday, February 2, 2015

S(n)o Pretty - in a Very Wintry Type Way

Those of you who even occasionally read my blog know that I am a heat loving girl.  I love temps well above 80 and to me under 60 is freezing.  I visit Arizona in July and love it.  I live for the heat and sun.

Winter is not my friend.  I have been wearing at least three layers since the beginning of November. Most days it isn't enough.  This year hasn't even been all that cold with just a normal smattering of subzero temps so far.  But, I am still cold all of the time.
This is our one tree that is left in the yard.  So pretty today.

Yesterday it snowed.  And snowed.  And snowed.  It snowed all night Saturday night, all day Sunday and well into Sunday night.  School was called off for Monday sometime after Downton Abbey was over.  I don't like snow days.  I prefer to go to school in the winter when there is nothing else sensible to do around here.

Total snowfall in our area amounted to slightly over 13".  Total in our backyard is up to my knees.

I took the bright light pics at around 12:15 this afternoon.  The sky was achingly blue against the heavy snow.  The darker pictures were taken around 5 p.m.  Not the best time, but I am a busy girl, even if there is snow.

I did attempt to take some pictures from the actual backyard, but I only managed to step one foot off of the deck.  That was enough to figure out I would need hip waders to navigate those depths. Given my tendency to fall on my butt or arm or whatever in this kind of weather, I decided that schlepping around on the deck would do for the time being.

I can't wait for the melting and refreezing.  Should be an adventure.

Our deck.


Our trees at the corner of the yard.



Our backyard.  

The snow was so heavy that there was a lot
of damage and downed lines in our area.
Luckily, we remained unscathed.


This little easement is between our property and the neighbor's yard.  






No comments:

Post a Comment