Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Elephant in the Room

Darn those elephants.
Elephants are my thing right now.  I have always loved them.  They fascinated me as a kid.  And the elephant show at the St. Louis Zoo was one of my favorites.  I had to see it every time I went. I would say that they are kind of my spirit animal right now.

For Inspiration Wednesday, Week 3, we learned some new techniques and used some products I had never tried before.  My favorite was the drywall joint tape.  Such cool texture.  I own a roll.  It's in my stash.

There is some underpainting on these pages. That is topped by some Golden Fluid Acrylic Titan Buff mixed with gesso.  Add some black paint, some cool sprayed stencils, some scribbles, stamping and there you go.  I thought that I was finished.  This is where our instructor stopped.

You see, I have a problem.  I keep forgetting to stop at the appropriate time. I really, really promised myself that I would stop where Donna did and then if I wanted to go off in my own direction I would do it on another page.  I tried to stop. I planned on stopping.  Honestly.

But, then the elephants were calling.  They are sitting all around me at my art table.  I have them out all of the time.  The big guy just kept peeking at me from the pile.

That grid looking stuff that you see is the joint tape.  Love!
I gave up.  Then I had fun.  Blue elephants. Actually, they were supposed to be teal, but, I grabbed the wrong paint.  Oh well.  I still like them.

Maybe I can finish the laundry now that the elephants are satisfied.  Wait.  They are still in the room somewhere...

The numbers are upside down.  That would be because
I held the stamp the wrong way.  Geez.


No comments:

Post a Comment